Full House MOMs and Dads Consignment Sale
Frequently Asked Questions
Dates: Wednesday, April 24 -Sunday, April 28, 2013
View Larger Map
- What can I sell?
- How much money will I earn?
- What if I want to consign but can’t volunteer?
- How much does it cost to participate in the consignment sale?
- Can I transfer items to/from another consignment sale without having to retag?
- How do I register for the sale and create tags?
- How do I transfer unsold items from Wee-Cycle?
- How should I price my items?
- What type of paper should I use to print my tags?
- How should I prepare clothing, shoes, and accessories?
- How do I attach tags to clothing on hangers?
- How do I attach tags to Ziploc bags?
- Where can I get a tagging gun and hangers?
- How should I prepare my toys, furniture, and gear for the sale?
- What is the check-in process?
- What happens if an item doesn’t sell?
- What is the pick-up process?
- What is the dollar dash?
- When will I receive my check from FHM?
- Why does Full House MOMs and Dads take part of the money I earn?
- Can I bring my kids to the consignment sale site while I volunteer?
- What are the hours of the consignment sale?
- Gently used children’s gear, furniture, toys, and clothing.
- Gently used maternity clothing.
- Car seats less than 5 years old that have not been in an accident.
You CANNOT sell (and we will not accept):
- Items that have been recalled—for example, any drop-side crib. Go to www.cpsc.gov to determine if an item has been recalled.
- Heavily stained, outdated, or extremely worn clothing.
Your earnings are based on the amount of time you volunteer:
- If you volunteer 6 hours, you make 85% of your total earnings.
- If you volunteer 3 hours, you make 75% of your total earnings.
- If you do not volunteer, you make 50% of your total earnings.
We depend heavily on volunteers to ensure that our consignment events run smoothly and successfully. Helping with the consignment sale is also a great way to fulfill your volunteer commitment to FHM. However, if you cannot volunteer, you can send your spouse, partner, or even a friend. We also have a few publicity-related volunteer tasks that you can complete from home or on other dates. Please contact us if you’d like to discuss alternative volunteer possibilities.
If you are absolutely unable to volunteer or have someone substitute for you, we have a few spots available for consignors to donate $30 per 3-hour block in lieu of volunteering.
To participate in the consignment sale, you must be a current member of Full House Moms, a friend of an FHM member, or a previous Wee-Cycle consignor. Consignors pay a $10 registration fee, which is subtracted from your final earnings. If you register, but don’t consign items, we will invoice you for the $10.
You can transfer your items to and from Wee-Cycle consignment sales starting with their spring 2011 event.
For returning sellers:
If you’ve registered for a previous FHM consignment sale, go to www.myconsignmentmanager.com/fullhousemoms and click Login under Returning Sellers. You will enter the same user ID and password.
For new sellers:
If you have not registered for a previous FHM consignment sale, do one of the following:
- Go to www.myconsignmentmanager.com/fullhousemoms and click Create User Account under New Sellers.
If you have questions about registration, email us at email@example.com.
You can now enter your items and print tags. To read instructions on entering and tagging your items, as well as to chat with other consignors, log in to your Big Tent account and go to the Resale subgroup. If you have trouble logging in, email the FHM webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To transfer some or all of your items from a Wee-Cycle consignment sale to the Full House MOMS and Dads consignment sale:
1. Go to www.myconsignmentmanager.com/.
2. On the blue menu bar, click Sellers Enter Here.
3. Log into the system using your seller ID and password.
4. On the blue menu bar, click Manage Inventory.
5. Do the following in the Search Criteria box:
a. Select the Items NOT Sold Only option.
b. Select “Wee-Cycle Spring 2011 Sale” from the drop-down list.
c. Click Generate Items List.
6. In the item list, select the checkboxes for items you want to transfer (to transfer all items, select the checkbox at the top left of the list).
7. In the Items Transfers section, select “FHM Fall 2011 Sale” from the drop-down list and click Transfer Item(s) to Consignment.
You can then enter the FHM consignment sale at www.seller.myconsignmentmanager.com/fullhousemoms and log in as a returning seller. You are all set to enter any new items. Remember, if you edit your items (change price, mark donate/discount), you need to reprint the tag and re-tag the item. If you don’t make any changes, just bring your items to the FHM sale!
Price your items at a minimum of $1.00 and upwards, in 50¢ increments. While there is no guarantee that an item will sell, most consignors use the following guidelines:
As a general guideline, price used clothing at about 1/4 of the original retail price. Name brands sell for more than store and discount brands. You might price barely worn items higher than this guideline and items you want to sell quickly lower than this guideline.
Equipment typically sells for up to 50% of the retail price; however, the price is affected by the item’s condition, brand, and demand. Check Craigslist to see what other people are selling the same equipment. 4
The following options that you can set while entering an item also affect pricing:
- The Discount option means that if the item doesn’t sell by end of day on Friday, it is automatically marked down to 50% of its original price beginning at 10:00 am on Saturday.
- The Donate option means that if the item doesn’t sell by end of the sale (note that if Donate is selected, MyCM automatically discounts the item), it will be included in the consignor-only Dollar Dash event on Sunday and the money raised with go to FHM Outreach or other local charities.
You must use white cardstock, at least 65 lbs. in weight.
If you print on lightweight or colored paper, we will ask you to reprint your tags. Lightweight paper falls off items; textured or dark paper prevents the scanner from recognizing the item.
Clothing (except sets of onesies):
Hang clean clothes on hangers with the hook facing to the left (like a question mark).
TIP: Individual clothing items or top/bottom clothing sets sell better than two identical outfits priced as one. Many of our shoppers do not have multiples and our parents of multiples know to check for matching/coordinating outfits. If you are preparing a set, be sure to secure all the items together and ensure that all the items are visible to the seller.
Sets of onesies:
Place multiple onesies of the same size and style in one Ziploc® bag and tape the top of the bag closed.
Accessories (socks, bibs, barrettes, etc.):
Place multiple items of the same style in one Ziploc bag or tag individual items.
Cloth diaper covers:
Tag and do not place in bags.
We accept only children’s shoes up to size 6. Clean all shoes and ensure they are in pristine condition. Put shoes in their original boxes or tie them together with the laces, string, or zip tie. Attach the tag to a label or other area where the tagging gun will not mar the shoe material.
TIP: Using a zip tie to attach the tag to a shoelace or Velcro hole works well.
Tagging guns are preferred, but using safety pins to attach tags is fine.
IMPORTANT: Although the FHM consignment sale allows safety pins, Wee-Cycle does not. If you plan to transfer unsold items from one sale to the other, you must use a tagging gun.
Tag an area of the clothing least likely to show holes, such as the label at the back of the neck or at the seam under the arm. We will have some tagging guns available at our tagging party, a fun social event where you can meet other MoMs. Check the event calendar for this year’s tagging party date.
Tag stand-alone bags using a tagging gun, safety pin, or masking tape on two sides of the tag. Do not cover the bar code with tape, as it may interfere with the scanner reading the code.
If the bagged item is an accessory to another item, attach the bag securely to the main item.
The resale team has a limited number of inexpensive tagging guns for you to purchase. Email email@example.com for information on how to get one
You can often get free children’s hangers from Old Navy and other children’s clothing stores. Call ahead before you go, however, as not all stores give out free hangers. The Carter’s outlet store in Woodburn and Troutdale usually has a large number of free hangers. You can also purchase inexpensive hangers from the Dollar Store and Target.
When you come to pick up your unsold items at the end of the consignment sale, you can also pick up hangers from the hanger bin for future use. We can’t guarantee you’ll get your original hangers back or the same number of hangers that you brought in.
Make sure that all items are clean and in very good condition, with no significant missing parts. You must install working batteries in all items that require batteries so that buyers can test the products. You can find inexpensive batteries at stores like Dollar Tree and IKEA.
Small items (such as Matchbox cars):
Place in Ziploc bags. If the bagged item is an accessory to another item, attach the bag securely to the main item. To tag a standalone bag, use a tagging gun, safety pin, or masking tape on two sides of the tag. Do not cover the bar code with tape, as it may interfere with the scanner reading the code.
Tag and fold. Do not put on hangers.
Hang on a hanger.
Large items (such as cribs, exersaucers, playhouses, etc.):
You must assemble large items at the consignment sale site. Please leave any special tools or packaging so volunteers can easily package your item for buyers.
When registering, you will schedule an appointment to check in at the consignment sale and drop off your items. When you arrive for your check-in appointment, be sure that:
- All items are tagged.
- All clothes are on hangers.
- Sort clothing items by sex and size so our volunteers can easily hang them.
- If you have a large number of clothing or small items, you can bring them in cardboard boxes, which we will recycle after use. Or, you can leave your items in plastic tubs labeled with your consignor number; we will return the tubs to you at the end of the sale.
When you arrive at the building, you will sign the FHM contract (and car seat contract if you are selling one).
You will be asked to assemble any gear you’re consigning while a volunteer places your items on the racks and tables. We will not have a formal inspecting area—if we discover items that are recalled, badly stained, worn, or dangerous, we will remove them from the sale and you can pick them up on Sunday.
Unsold items not marked with the Donate option will be available for you to pick up on Sunday between 12:00 and 2:00 pm.
Unsold items marked with the Donate option will be donated to FHM Outreach or an appropriate charity.
Pick up all of your unsold items between 12:00 and 2:00 pm on Sunday, October 9. We will donate any items that aren’t picked up by 2:00 pm to FHM Outreach or an appropriate charity.
The Dollar Dash is a fundraiser for the FHM Outreach program. Unsold items marked with the Donate option will be sold for $1 on Sunday from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. Dollar dash is a cash-only event that is open to consignors only.
We strive to mail checks within 3 weeks of the conclusion of the sale. Please deposit your check within 90 days of the issuing date. If your check is lost or stolen and we need to issue a new check, a $30 check cancellation fee will be charged.
Full House MOMs and Dads uses money from sales to cover costs such as building and rack rental, My Consignment Manager services, advertising, and credit card fees.
You can bring infants in carriers to the sale while you’re volunteering. For the safety of toddlers and older children, please leave them at home while you’re volunteering. 8
|Check-in:||Wednesday, April 24, 3:00-7:00 pm
Thursday, April 25, 8:00 am-12:00 pm
|Consignors and volunteers presale:||Thursday, April 25, 4:00-6:00 pm|
|FHM members presale:||Thursday, April 25, 6:00-9:00 pm|
|Public sale:||Friday, April 26, 10:00 am-7:00 pm|
|Public discount sale:||Saturday, April 27, 11:00 am-2:00 pm|
|Item pick-up and Dollar Dash (consignors only):||Sunday, April 28, 12:00-2:00 pm|